What Makes Our Virginia Law Firm Different?
Determined trial lawyers in Virginia Beach, Hampton Roads and Tidewater, VA, resolving legal matters since 1980
At the Law Office of Jeremiah A. Denton III, our experienced background and personal approach to your case bring results. When you retain our law firm, you receive the benefit of:
- A history of winning multimillion-dollar judgments — We have a proven track record of winning settlements and verdicts in the millions of dollars.
- Excellence in the courtroom — From opening statement to closing argument, our attorneys believe sincerity and conviction are the keys to effective jury persuasion.
- Success in winning complex cases — Because we often take cases and causes that most law firms would turn away, we have a unique reputation for accepting and winning difficult, complex cases.
- Complete solutions to complex problems — Because we are well versed in a wide variety of issues, we can create complete solutions to even the most complicated legal issues.
- Emphasis on client relationships — By emphasizing personal attention and strong communication, our goal is to give you peace of mind as we resolve your legal issues.
The Law Office of Jeremiah A. Denton III handles matters that span various legal fields — including personal injury, wrongful death, defamation, sexual harassment, legal malpractice, criminal defense and civil litigation. Because of our breadth of knowledge across several practice areas, we can develop comprehensive solutions to complex legal issues. Clients who came to us when we opened our doors in 1980 continue to rely on our services to resolve all of their legal issues.
Standing up for whistleblowers and prosecuting qui tam actions
State and federal law offers protections for employees who report their employers’ illegal activities. You cannot be fired, demoted, reassigned or otherwise punished for protected whistleblower activities. Furthermore, the federal False Claims Act allows workers with knowledge of fraud against the U.S. government to bring suit on behalf of the government. If this qui tam action is successful, the qui tam plaintiff gets to share in the damage award the government recovers.
Protecting your good name from libel, slander and defamation
Our Virginia law firm has earned a reputation for honesty, integrity and commitment to the pursuit of justice in protecting our clients’ good names. If someone has tarnished your reputation in speech or writing, our attorneys can advise you on the best course of action, in matters related to:
- Libel, slander, and the difference between the two
- Defamation in the media, on the internet and through social media
We understand how valuable your good name is to you. We take decisive steps to restore your status in the community and to recover damages.
Defending your right to a workplace free from sexual harassment
You deserve the opportunity to apply your skills and abilities to perform at the height of your capabilities in your job. Sexual harassment creates a hostile and unpleasant environment that may interfere with your work and restrict your career advancement. We answer your questions about sexual harassment and defend your right to a workplace that is free from this type of inappropriate conduct.
Holding attorneys accountable for legal malpractice
You have the right to competent representation from a lawyer who is passionately dedicated to your cause. Unfortunately, some lawyers fall far short of this reasonable expectation. If your attorney’s actions or inactions caused you harm, you may have a legal malpractice claim.
Advocating for your rights through effective criminal defense
The prosecution must prove each element of its charges against you beyond a reasonable doubt. Our criminal defense lawyers hold prosecutors to this burden. If the evidence does not prove the state’s case, we demand nolle prosequi (the case be dropped) or advocate for acquittal at trial. If a plea bargain is in your best interest, we assertively negotiate for a fair sentence that avoids or reduces jail time.
Pursuing the best outcomes in civil litigation
Our litigation team focuses on producing the results you want in the most effective, efficient manner possible. We can help you with issues involving:
- Appellate law
- Aviation and maritime law
- Divorce and family law
- Employment law, discrimination and sexual harassment
- Personal injury, medical malpractice and wrongful death
We always remain aware of your costs and time concerns as we advise you on whether settlement, mediation or trial can reach the best outcomes.
Contact our Virginia Beach law firm today
To learn more about retaining effective, experienced representation, call The Law Office of Jeremiah A. Denton III at 757-215-4818 or contact us online to schedule an appointment.